After work, Khiya and I were on a mission yesterday to find the Halloween Costume she wanted.

We found it $29.99 later. Ugh! These costumes just get more and more expensive each year. But she's worth it!
Later that night, Khiya wanted to ask Kareem a bunch of questions so I suggested that she call him. BAD IDEA!! He managed to make that a horrible situation. His words, basically, were I brainwashed her, put a battery in her back and programmed her, we're frick and frack, talked bad of him, etc. He made one excuse after another for his behavior - mostly blaming his behavior on me. He then went on to blame "not having a job" and "not seeing her" on the restraining order from 1997 that he just found out about last week. A restraining order that I surely did not remember over the years... I then had to tell Khiya some of the "bad stuff" that went on with Kareem since he decided to blurt a few angry statements out about it to her. Of course he only said things that made me look horrible... Blah! I hope that this is it for her. I hope she's finally received the closure she's needed. It seems like she has.
Khiya slept with me last night because of all the drama with Kareem. He surely doesn't know how to "talk" to a child. Or what should and shouldn't be said to a 10 year old... Let's continue... As I woke her up this morning, she has a huge smile on her face. I started laughing and asked her, "What are you smiling about" because I thought she was awake. She was still asleep so I tried to wake her up again and she started smiling again. HA! So I asked her again, "Khiya, what are you smiling about?" She woke up a little and said, "I love my mommy." AWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! What a way to wake up in the morning!!
Now I'm at work and ready to GO!!! Debi and I just took a field trip to Dairy Queen. We're both stressed out so we deserved the break!!

Happy Friday!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.