Monday, October 22, 2007

New York City - Day 2

Woke up very sore!! I think I did more walking yesterday than I've done in my whole life. Need Motrin.

Khiya called me in the morning. :) I'm sooooo relieved that she is handling this well. I'm so proud of her!!!

1st day in class. Class was GREAT!!! Instructor is very knowledgeable.

Lunch was FABULOUS! We went to this cool Deli/Diner. They had EVERYTHING! The coolest was how they had a buffet of salad goodies to choose from. As you picked out what you wanted, they put it into the bowl. Once you were done, they mixed everything up with dressing, put it back in the container and off you went. Of course it cost $8 bucks but that's because I wasn't paying attention to the individual prices of meat and got like 3 types. Next time I'll only get chicken... HA! At this point, I feel like all I’ve done is eat and walk.

After class was over, we went back to the hotel to change and took the subway to St. Patrick’s Cathedral which was BEAUTIFUL!!! It’s an extremely old Gothic Style Church. The inside is just as beautiful as the outside.

Next we walked over to The Rink at Rockefeller Center. That was FUN! We got some ice skates and went out on the rink. That was my 1st time ice skating and I had a blast!! People were standing all around the outside of the rink watching. Most of them were laughing and taking pictures but we didn’t care. We’re tourist!!! HA! The only downfall to the whole ice skating experience, was those ice skates. OUCH!!! After about 15 minutes, my feet were killing me. Along with my shins and back but it was worth it! Just had to take more Motrin.

After that, we walked to Times Square. There were soooo many people there! Just getting through the crowd was exhausting. So I met up with Tracy from class and we went to Junior’s Cheesecake. Now I’ve heard many many stories about how fabulous this place is and blah, blah, blah. It was NOT! In the south, our cheesecake is made with a graham cracker type crust. Why did my cheesecake have a cake bottom?! Gross! I was very disappointed.

Then Tracy and I walked back to the hotel. We were exhausted. Just walking in Times Square will kick your booty! HA!

I sooooooo miss my baby. I got back to the hotel and called her to see how her day was. She had a fabulous day but misses me bunches!! I think I'm ready to go home! I miss her! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.